What is K2 Filtrify?
K2 Filtrify is advanced filtering module based on K2 Items. With K2 Filtrify you can search extra fields and filter items by multiple values from different extra fields, also you get a live feedback on the number of items containing related values.
How to use K2 Filtrify?
K2 Filtrify makes use of the new HTML5 "data" attribute to store the metadata. To create the “data” attribute K2 Filtrify get the name of the extra fields and their values.
There two important things that you must know when creating the extra fields and their values:
1. The name of the extra field is the name of the filter (panel) generated by K2 Filtrify
2. If you want to have multiple values per one extra filed(filter) you must separate them with comma –"," Example: "Comedy, Drama, Thriller"
Features provided by K2 Filtrify
1. Number of columns – specify the number of items per row
2. Enable jQuery – K2 Filtrify use jQuery library. By default there is jQuery included in K2, but if you have any troubles with loading it, you can enable this option and jQuery will be loaded by the module.
3. Close panel – Enable this if you want to autoclose the filter panel after selecting a value
4. Callback function: List of additional functions that extend the standard view of K2 Filtrify
- Legend – display additional information about the selected values
- Pagination – display pagination for loaded K2 items.
- Highlighting – Highlight the selected items, and does not hide the items that don’t match the filter criteria.
- None – standard view of K2 Filtrify
5. Select filter - option to select one or more filters to be displayed.
6. Category filter - display category name as filter
7. Tags filter - use tags as filter
8. Items per page – specify the number of items per page, when Pagination Callback function is selected
9. Default no result text – Text that is displayed when your search in the panel return no result.
Basic options and Advanced options are standard for K2 content module.
1. K2 Filtrify is Joomla! module and does not filter the view of any K2 Category. It has its own view like any other Joomla/K2 module, which can be overwritten in any template to look like K2 Category.
2. K2 Filtrify is client-side filtering module and all calculations are made by the user's browser. If you need module that will filter more than 150-200 items at once you will need to use server-side filtering like "Filter for K2".
3. K2 Filtrify works with all type of K2 fields except "Link", "Searchable labels" and "CSV data" type.
K2 Filtrify works with Joomla! 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0. New features will be added only in Joomla! 2.5/3.0 versions. Only bug fixes will be supported for Joomla! 1.5
[+] Added Joomla! 3.5 support
[+] Added K2 2.7 support
[#] UX issue for extra fields is solved
[#] Bug fixes
[#] UX issue for extra fields is solved
[+] Option to hide the module in item view
[#] Pagination scroll to top bugfix
[+] Hide initial results option is added
[+] Parameter for pagination position added
[+] Added ordering by featured items
[+] Added reset button. Now you can clear selected filters.
[+] Added filtering by Author
[#] Support for Swedish special characters
[#] Update of the pagination script
[#] Fix for multilanguage support
[#] Updated language strings
[#] Bug fix for K2 2.6.2
[^] The new in this version - panel close after selecting another panel
[^] Added support to the latest version of K2 - 2.6.x
[-] Removed the support of K2 versions lower than 2.6.x
[^] bugfix - problem with Cyrillic characters
[^] bugfix - JS error with IE7
[^] bugfix - removed php warning when only one extrafield is selected
[^] removed problem with parameters for Joomla! 1.5
[^] 2 bugs are removed (helper class error and warning if there are no extra fields)
[#] Added support of Cyrillic
[#] Filters can contain special characters (À-ÿ)
[^] 2 untraslated language stings
[^] Error if there are no selected filters
[+] Select one or more filters option
[+] Can use item category as filter
[+] Can use tags as filter
[+] Added Joomla 1.5 support
[^] Bug fix
[+] New feature
[-] Removed feature