What is K2 Filtrify?
K2 Filtrify is advanced filtering module based on K2 Items. With K2 Filtrify you can search extra fields and filter items by multiple values from different extra fields, also you get a live feedback on the number of items containing related values.
How to use K2 Filtrify?
K2 Filtrify makes use of the new HTML5 "data" attribute to store the metadata. To create the “data” attribute K2 Filtrify get the name of the extra fields and their values.
There two important things that you must know when creating the extra fields and their values:
1. The name of the extra field is the name of the filter (panel) generated by K2 Filtrify
2. If you want to have multiple values per one extra filed(filter) you must separate them with comma –"," Example: "Comedy, Drama, Thriller"
K2 Filtrify works with all type of K2 fields except "Link", "Searchable labels" and "CSV data" type.
Features provided by K2 Filtrify
1. Number of columns – specify the number of items per row
2. Enable jQuery – K2 Filtrify use jQuery library. By default there is jQuery included in K2, but if you have any troubles with loading it, you can enable this option and jQuery will be loaded by the module.
3. Close panel – Enable this if you want to autoclose the filter panel after selecting a value
4. Callback function: List of additional functions that extend the standard view of K2 Filtrify
- Legend – display additional information about the selected values
- Pagination – display pagination for loaded K2 items.
- Highlighting – Highlight the selected items, and does not hide the items that don’t match the filter criteria.
- None – standard view of K2 Filtrify
5. Select filter - option to select one or more filters to be displayed.
6. Category filter - display category name as filter
7. Tags filter - use tags as filter
8. Items per page – specify the number of items per page, when Pagination Callback function is selected
9. Default no result text – Text that is displayed when your search in the panel return no result.
Basic options and Advanced options are standard for K2 content module.
K2 Filtrify is based on Filtrify jQuery plugin from Luis Almeida
K2 Filtrify works with Joomla! 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0. New features will be added only in Joomla! 2.5/3.0 versions. Only bug fixes will be supported for Joomla! 1.5
1. K2 Filtrify is Joomla! module and does not filter the view of any K2 Category. It has its own view like any other Joomla/K2 module, which can be overwritten in any template to make ot look like K2 Category item.
2. K2 Filtrify is client-side filtering module and all calculations are made by the user's browser. If you need module that will filter more than 150 items you will need to use server-side filtering like "Filter for K2".
v1.4.1 - 21.05.2013
[#] Pagination scrool to top bugfix
v1.4.0 - 21.05.2013
[+] Hide initial results option is added
v1.3.21 - 08.04.2013
[+] Parameter for pagination position added
v1.3.20 - 14.03.2013
[+] Added ordering by featured items
v1.3.19 - 27.02.2013
[+] Added reset button. Now you can clear selected filters.
v1.3.18 - 10.02.2013
[+] Added filtering by Author
v1.3.17 - 07.02.2013
[#] Support for Swedish special characters
v1.3.16 - 22.01.2013
[#] Update of the pagination script
v1.3.15 - 11.12.2012
[#] Fix for multilanguage support
v1.3.14 - 04.12.2012
[#] Updated language strings
v1.3.13 - 26.11.2012
[#] Bug fix for K2 2.6.2
v1.3.12 - 08.11.2012
[^] The new in this version - panel close after selecting another panel
v1.3.11 - 08.10.2012
[^] Added support to the latest version of K2 - 2.6.x
[-] Removed the support of K2 versions lower than 2.6.x
v1.3.10 - 22.08.2012
[^] bugfix - problem with Cyrillic characters
v1.3.9 - 07.08.2012
[^] bugfix - JS error with IE7
v1.3.7 - 25.07.2012
[^] bugfix - removed php warning when only one extrafield is selected
[^] removed problem with parameters for Joomla! 1.5
v1.3.5 - 07.07.2012
[^] 2 bugs are removed (helper class error and warning if there are no extra fields)
v1.3.4 - 04.07.2012
[#] Added support of Cyrillic
v1.3.3 - 26.06.2012
[#] Filters can contain special characters (À-ÿ)
[^] 2 untraslated language stings
[^] Error if there are no selected filters
[+] Select one or more filters option
[+] Can use item category as filter
[+] Can use tags as filter
v1.1 - 10.05.2012
[+] Added Joomla 1.5 support
[^] Bug fix
[+] New feature
[-] Removed feature