Following the great succes we have with StyleWare K2 Maps we decided to create unique Joomla plugin that will make adding Google Maps to your Joomla articles/categories a peace of cake.
With this plugin you can:
- Add map with pin to each Joomla article.
- Show map with all items in category view.
- Choose the map type like roadmap, satellite etc (globally and per item).
- Choose from 4 color sets of icons (globally).
- Add your own icons (in folder "own")
- Set locale like English, Russian etc. (globally).
- Choose the zoom (globally and per item).
- No need for API key. It runs out of the box.
- You can now choose the type of pin type (i.e. hotel, bar, restaurant etc.) to add (we have added some most common, you may decide to use any with small modification).
- You enter the address and the plugin will use the Google geocoding function to determine the correct place.
- Support for displaying all items in a category into a single map with link to each entry.
- Supports Google Street View.
- Supports Weather and clouds layers.
- Map in item admin view for easy drag and drop adding of coordinates
- Support for Colorizr: http://googlemapscolorizr.stadtwerk.org/
Attention: In order to function correctly, the addresses entered in the plugin parameters per item, should be very correct and in the manner, which Google uses to determine the exact coordinates. Mistyping or wrong addresses will result into not loading the plugin for the exact Joomla article.